New York City summertime weather is no joke. If our tips for cooling down your NYC apartment aren’t enough for this coming weekend with scorching temperatures, it may be time to head out of the concrete jungle for some cooler outdoor activities.
- Rockaway Beach: Just a short ride on the subway, this beach is a famed surf spot and NYC-resident destination. Go for the day or stay overnight at the Playland Motel.
- Fire Island, L.I.: A quick ride on the LIRR, this no-cars-allowed island is a close paradise that’s an easy day trip. Be sure to swim at Sailors Haven Beach!
- Sleepy Hollow, NY: Hop on Metro North and check out Philipsburg Manor Upper Mill’s living-history museum. Staffers dress in period costume demonstrating how life used to be, and while it may not cool you down, seeing them sweat in their wool-garb will certainly make your shorts feel just that bit more comfortable.
- Bear Mountain, NY: Just over one hour from NYC, Bear Mountain offers some awesome hiking, biking, picnic spots, fishing and swimming. Stay at the Bear Mountain Inn, built in 1915.
- Hudson, NY: I may be partial to Hudson since it is so close to where I grew up, but it is seriously an awesome place for a weekend getaway or just a day trip. You can take Amtrak which is super cushy and nice (plus they have wine), and then just walk into town! Rent an Air BNB with your friends, or stay at the gorgeous hotel, The Barlow… And be sure to check out Helsinki at night for some after-hours fun!
Although the temps in NYC range from a frozen -10 degrees in the winter to a scorching 100 degrees in the summer, there is nowhere else we’d rather call home! NYC is the best place to be, no matter the season. If you’re looking to make the move to our beloved city, No Fee Rentals has the best apartments this city has to offer. From buildings with spectacular views, to studio apartments on the hip Lower East Side, No Fee has it all.