Christmas in New York
There is no more magical place to spend the Christmas holiday season than New York City. Manhattan is all a glow with lights and decorations. Is it no wonder that Christmas and New York has been immortalized together in dozens of books and movies? But nothing can capture that holiday spirit better than being here in person… and lucky you to have your NYC rental apartment from which to start your adventures.
Our top sites in New York City for the holidays
- Rockefeller Center – The tree! The illuminated angels! The ice skating and hot chocolate! Rockefeller Center is THE iconic NYC landmark for the holidays and no tour around NYC during the Christmas season is complete without a visit and a picture in front of the tree.
- 5th Avenue – If you want showstoppers, then just walk along 5th Avenue and look at the store windows. From Lord & Taylor at 39th to Saks at 49th to Bergdorf Goodman at 58th, to all the shops in between including Tiffany, Cartier, and Bendels. And best of all, the price is free!
- Radio City Music Hall Spectacular – You don’t need to be a kid to enjoy this NYC classic that includes Santa’s flying sleigh, the Rockettes, and sheep in the manger, along with contemporary scenic design and music. The show is a sensory delight and will leave you wondering, what do they do with the camels between shows?
- Christmas markets – Union Square, Bryant Park, and Grand Central Station all feature holiday markets. This is your time to shop small and personal. The unique array of vendors will have your gift recipients feeling they are truly one-of-a-kind.
- The Messiah – This Handel classic gets star treatment at Trinity Church and the New York Philharmonic. Be moved and inspired.
The weather outside in NYC right now may feel more Easter-like than Christmas, but the wonder, excitement, and joy that are the holidays resides inside all of us. From our family to yours, happy, happy holidays.